The charitable objectives for which the company is established are stated in the memorandum of association. The objectives continue to be:
- To promote the re-use, recycling and refurbishment of used furniture and household appliances by furniture reuse charities
- Alleviation need, hardship and distress of these residing in their area of benefit.
- To provide an information service, training and development support to furniture reuse charities
- To bring members together for the purposes of mutual support
The FRN was established to provide national level support for all of these organisations and has four main operational objectives:
- Increase supply of goods to members;
- Support our members to be sustainable organisations committed to providing good services and a safe working environment;
- Increasing the impact of our members on the alleviation of poverty and disadvantage;
- Raise the profile of the re-use sector, nationally and locally.